sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, April 14, 2003
 

Sweatergirl gets back to her roots

A pleasant spring weekend inspired S and I to - dig a vegetable garden??? What were we thinking? But after two days of hard labor, we have a 12x17 area desodded, turned, fenced, and enriched with compost. Whew.

I also went to the Starbucks Knit-In and worked on an afghan square for MMKG's charity projects. Inspired by the out-of-doors, I used a pattern in 365 Knitting Stitches A Year Perpetual Calendar from April 5, called Lichen Twist. I love having a new stitch to think about each day. The Lichen Twist has a sort of checkerboard effect - here's a sample of my square:

I finished the Rusty Froehlich socks - (wow - they match exactly ;-), so I got to restart a stalled second sock:

Name: Flowerescent Regia Socks
A pair of socks for me out of Regia Jacquard Las Vegas. 72 stitches on size 1 Brittanys which keep breaking. Luckily, the replacements are free!

Status: Started, oh, a way long time ago. Second sock was stalled at heel for months. Restarted 4/11/03.

And - although I don't need more yarn - there is a great sale at WEBS!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger