sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Saturday, April 26, 2003
 

Sweatergirl packs her Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival survival kit

Yay! It's almost time for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival! I have been to the festival 3 times, but this time I am going with the MaterialGirlz (um, that's be me, TrixieChick, and another local spinner/knitter type), so it should be loads of fun. Since it is about an 8-hour drive, we'll need snacks - pretzels, skittles, and carrots for me, please! And some Diet Pepsi. And some sock knitting that is not on those Brittanys - they break too easily, and I would hate to be stuck without some car-knitting (don't worry - no knitting while driving).

Friday night, we're going to relax and rest up for the big day!

So - what is the appropriate knitting project strategy? Do y'all go through this, too? I hope Sam will be done by then, and I will be bored with my sock after working on it during the day, and it won't be the right environment to cast on for the body of St. Brigid (the sleeves are done - yay!), and the tan sweater is too awkward, since I am just finishing the sleeves which were picked up from the body. Oooh - I have a purple lace cardigan out of Jaeger Trinity that I can work on! Perfect. Just challenging enough - I will cast them on this week (I am going to try to do both sleeves at the same time - then I only have to count the increases once). And - a new project introduction (boy, I am shocked - SHOCKED - at how many projects I "have going" at once...hopefully this blog will keep me honest!).

Name: Trinity in Lace
The larger part of a sweater set in Jaeger Trinity (violet). Lace with cables and a picot edging done with crochet. Pattern source - hmm - better dig that out sometime here...

Status: Started July, 2002, in a class at Yarn for Ewe taught by Marcia Carpenter. Shoved aside to start the coordinating sweater for Sarah's Seamless Sweater class from August, 2002, which I just finished in March after leaving it behind for a while (see a trend?). But now - it's in the student gallery! The Trinity in Lace body is knitted and seamed. Two sleeves left to go - hope to knit at the same time.

But I will also be taking my drop spindle and some fiber (gotta do a little stash-shopping still).

We'll be on our feet all day Saturday, so I'll need a backpack with water, the program book, my drop-spindle, and lots of room for objects to be acquired...and a raincoat - looks a bit ominous.

And then Sunday, we're back in the car again...a short, but hopefully wonderful, trip!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger