sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, April 18, 2003
 

Sweatergirl starts a sweater

I love making gifts for babies! But - I have never made a baby sweater for a baby whose mom (or dad) knits. Until now. And this baby has a mom who is incredibly creative, talented, and precise. So I started the sweater last night and ripped it out about 5 times. I'm trying to plan ahead and think about how to make the seams extra neat and such. A good and worthy challenge.

The nice thing about knitting for this baby is that I know the gift will be appreciated! I mostly knit for myself though, and I definitely appreciate my handknits.

So this baby will be receiving my version of Sam, a pattern from Wee Knits by Mags Kandis at Mission Falls. This book was given to me by a good friend whose kids are now too big for these patterns. But - now she won't be able to make any of these adorable things for my kid (should there ever be one). Hmmm. Anyway - I'm trying to decide whether to do it in one color (as written) or colorblocked.

I have always liked the colorblocked stuff in MinnowKnits. I mean -

Minnow Knits: Uncommon Clothes to Knit for Kids just look at this cover picture! Awwwww...

If I do it in one color, I'll probably do it in Plymouth Encore; if it's colorblocked, it could be Encore or Tahki Cotton Classic - with bright secondaries/tertiaries - red-violet, turquoise, orange. So, any thoughts?

The Secret Life of Bees Weekend plans - a day long demo of spinning alpaca at a mall (weird, but free food and free alpaca fleece...), and I have to read my book club book - The Secret Life of Bees - which is very good so far, but I have been working a lot this week and haven't had time to read, and, of course, the big ham dinner...

An aggravating Bear episode - Bear ate my pincushion! Like for sewing. Yes, with pins and needles in it. They are now strewn across the back yard waiting for a bare foot. So, as I said, she's a sweetie, but with a mind of her own...A demented mind that would think eating a pincushion could be fun...

Oh, Bear is fine, by the way - no signs of puncture or anything. I think she probably grabbed it and fought with it so that the pins flew out of the stuffing.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger