sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, April 30, 2003
 

Sweatergirl starts to stress

Here's Sam, circa 8 AM Wednesday. The (optimum) due date on this project is, ahem, Thursday. Thursday night, but, still, Thursday. Wish me luck. BTW, although this photo is really fuzzy, it shows the colors pretty well - who knew I needed fluorescent light and a lack of focus to make it work?

I learned a new trick, though, from Jamie. Slip the last stitch before the bobble, then go ahead and make the bobble as usual, mostly. The last row of my bobbles, at least, was always slip 1, K2tog, PSSO. But now I am passing the slipped stich from the bobble AND the stitch that I slipped before the bobble over the K2tog. Does that make any sense? I don't know if I described it terribly well, but it does make the bobble look nice! On the next row, I increased in the arm of the slipped stitch to get the count right again. This wasn't noticeable because the bobble is on a reverse stockinette ground. Thanks for the idea, Jamie! And check out Jamie's beautiful bobble-y Rowan gansey, Raewyn. Anyway, I am really much happier with the bobbles on the back than the bobbles on the front, but, c'est la vie. Perhaps that's why patterns always tell you to start on the back? Maybe one of these days, I will learn to follow instructions.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger