sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, May 14, 2003
 

And a good time was had by all...

Tuesdays are MMKG's knit-ins, and are always a good time for sharing. Last night we dined on a wonderful white chili with jalapeno cornbread and a refreshing salad. And three desserts. Yum! Did you know Cool Whip comes in French Vanilla? I guess I missed it, but it is definitely yummy.

So last night, I gave Daphne a mini-lesson on spindling. If she gets it, it will be through sheer dedication, as I was quite distracted by the good conversations around me! But she didn't drop the spindle nearly as much as I did my first time, and I think she's caught the bug. I loaned her my first spindle, which I had to draw arrows on to remember which way to spin singles and which way to ply. I hope she enjoys! That spindle has been through a lot of beginners.

I seem to be alternating between the Old Friend Aran (from Interweave Knits, Fall 2000, a great issue - thanks for the nudge, Anne!) and the Dale sweater (from Dale #100 - thanks for the reminder, Julie!). I worked on my Old Friend at last night's knit-in.

And I seem to have found a new project - an Echo Lake (Interweave Knits Summer 2003) knit-together with TrixieChick and another friend. I found out that there are six Echo Lakes in the state (how? GNIS), so we are going to have to have a pique-nique at one of them to celebrate when we finish. Even if it's cold...so my knitting partners had better keep me on track! So, if you want to join in, find an Echo Lake near you, or come visit ours!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger