sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, May 22, 2003
 

No more headlines!

They haven't been all that good, and I'm giving up on the headlines. I think. At least for today...How indecisive is that?

I got the Summer Spin-Off yesterday - anyone else love the "bowls" on the cover? For those that don't get the mag - sorry that they don't have the summer issue posted on the web yet. Here's the link for when they do! Basically, they are knitted from unspun roving and felted. Neat.

Thanks for the ideas for programs - more are welcome, of course! We have weekly knit-ins, so I will be asking the guild members for ideas too. AND - if I come up with any patterns or handouts, I'll post them. For free. And, you can link to them. And, if I have any restrictions about use, I will post them with the pattern.

Anyway - I have been travelling a lot - with the Dale sleeve, and I think I have missed a few increases or my row gauge is off or something. Dammit. (That's for Cindy; I have a bad cursing habit! I'll knock it off now, though.) In Sarah's seamless sweater class, she taught us to use safety pins to count rows - so before ripping, I'll safety pin all my increases and seee what's going on. I do still have 5 inches before the top of the sleeve, so I might be able to get them all in, but I've got to calculate it out. I just want to figure it out tonight, since I am travelling again tomorrow and don't want to just keep knitting...just to have more to rip out.

I am really impressed with how quickly it's been going - this sleeve had been in my knitting basket for more than a year. Once I got past the three-color rows and the flowery things, though, it's been soaring. But - there is still another sleeve to start - hopefully the same mental blocks won't stall THAT one too.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger