sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, May 19, 2003
 

Sweatergirl gets girly

I spent the past weekend in New York at my little sister's place. She is getting married in October, and the other bridesmaids and I went to look at dresses. Fun, fun, fun! Luckily, none of us are too into frills and stuff. Here's the dress we came up with - it's from the Jenny Yoo Collection. Jenny herself was there. We're doing it in silver. Some of the eight bridesmaids are doing it as a halter (shown) and others are doing strapless or spaghetti straps. Cute, eh? Edi's a good sister, and a good bride! No bridezilla potential in evidence...

Although I flew, I spent most of the flight reading instead of knitting - I don't really like to talk to people while I'm scrunched into the seat next to them - reading is pretty anti-social. So this is as far as I got on the sleeve. I think I need to make sure I increased at a decent rate.

I finished reading Step-Ball-Change, by Jeanne Ray. A cute and entertaining book, but not much to discuss, even though she covers marriage, divorce, growing old together, interracial relationships, and lots of family stuff. I think it just breezes by so fast, it's hard to think - but I think that's the feeling she was going for. This family got caught up in a whirlwind of activity!

I started, and almost finished, The Nanny Diaries - entertaining, if I didn't think it was true. Scary. I was so happy to get back to Michigan, where there's enough land for everyone to have a little piece...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger