sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, June 23, 2003
 

Brainylady caught me...

There are lots of baby-bootie-makers out there - I forgot to link to Jennifer, who made a cute bunny slipper! Awww. Also from Zoe's book. And Jamie reminded me that there is a similar pattern in Debbie Bliss's The Baby Knits Book (also at overstock.com - and it also has a very nice alphabet baby blanket in lace). If you have pictures of baby booties on your page, let me know!

The Zoe Mellor book is basically four patterns, with variations on the theme. Not a criticism - I like the idea of taking a pattern and making it your own with different yarn, different stitch patterns, and different embellishments. Ann Budd's book is a good jumping-off point for other knitted items.

But Brainylady caught me. Alison says - one bootie does not a finished project make...probably true. Hmm. But, thanks to a little boy baby being born last week, I will finish the second one ASAP. And, by the way, moms and dads, do babies actually wear booties? It seems like the cuffed ones would work a bit better anyway, less kick-off-able - thoughts?




<< Home

Powered by Blogger