sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, June 30, 2003
 

The Sweatergirl Awards

I had a great week in Boulder, but am insanely happy to be home.

Worst place to get a good night's sleep: College dorms. No wonder I pulled so many all-nighters in college - who could sleep on those saggy, springy dorm mattresses anyway?

Drink of the week: Beer. Lots of beer. The two most prevelant beers: Fat Tire and Pass Time. I found the Sunshine Wheat to be a pretty wussy beer and not nearly as yummy as a good old Oberon. Beer loyalty still goes to Yuengling Lager, however.

Runner-up, Drink of the week: the Mojito. Yum. I hadn't had one before (I am so not hip, eh?). This is my new choice for post-gardening/post-lawn-mowing drink.

Best view from a college cafeteria:

Sentimentally, I still think Mt. Nittany is a happier mountain though.

Best/worst college rock graffiti:

Now that's serious school spirit. Ok - it's environmental defacement on a grand scale (what happened to leave no trace?), but - still a lot of school spirit.

Best Rockies shot of the week: A photographer I am not, but we went hiking at Indian Peaks. To the right, you can see Mt. Audubon, and just to the left of center, Mt. Tole. Foreground is Brainard Lake. Notice the glaciers! We had to hike over some snow still on the trail, even though we didn't climb much in altitude from where this picture was taken.

Best Yarn Store of the week: I thought I could live for a week without going to a yarn store, but I heard so much about it that I did break down and go to Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins. Great store! I was so enthralled with all the colors of Naturepun Sport that I couldn't stop myself. They also had all the Cascade 220 colors, but I resisted them.

I thought I would make some colorful Folk Socks...

Most scenic restaurant of the week: The Dushanbe Tea House. The roses were in bloom...and Boulder Creek was flushed with snow melt and recent rains.

Best Entomological Graffiti: "Bugs Suck (and bite)" (sorry, guys - MSU wins this one!)

Best Boulder sunset of the week:




<< Home

Powered by Blogger