sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, June 06, 2003
 

Sweatergirl - officially a KnitDweeb

Ok, the great curmudgeonly one has not personally visited me (why would she waste her time?), but I have committed (AGAIN) one of those beginner mistakes - cast on for a sweater after swatching, but before my swatch was washed. If you don't already know how you are supposed to swatch, read the Curmudgeon's article in Knitty. It's all those things that I already know, but think I can get away with not doing...Warning to my fellow recalcitrant swatchers/KnitDweebs: GGH Merino Soft (and probably many of those bijillion-ply yarns) stretches/drapes when washed. So it's back to the drawing- swatching-board for me and the Snail Sweater. Oh well. It is lovely to knit with, so reknitting is no great tragedy - just a bump in the road to Finished-Sweater Land.

Nannette asked how these sachet-things smell - I'll let you know when they arrive. But I have been using lavendar-rosemary-aloe shampoo for a few weeks now, so I probably already smell like a hippie and might not be the best judge.

And in other news, Daphne is going to learn to spin. Who believed her the other day when she said she could wait until next year or some such? Not I, my friends. Daphne is nothing if not energetic and energizing when it comes to fibery things. Best of luck with your new hobby - come get that wheel whenever you want to begin borrowing it!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger