sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, June 25, 2003
 

Sweatergirl on the road

When I get back to my regularly scheduled life, I'll post a list of bootie-knitters. But, for now, I am enjoying geek summer camp at the beautiful University of Colorado at Boulder. Of course, it is cloudy here, which the natives insist never happens. Supposedly the mountans are beautiful, but we can't see them through the clouds. We are staying in the dorms (how long has it been since you saw a sign banning the use of glitter in the hallways?), and I am fighting the freshman fifteen with a lot of all-you-can-eat cafeteria food.

Travel knitting is always a challenge. The Snail's Pace Sweater is progressing - almost done the armhole shaping. I swatched for Paulina in Berroco Smart Cotton (Sandy's sponsoring this knitalong - thanks, Sandy!), but I get the same gauge on 7s, 6s, and 5s. It's that gauge in ribbing (slightly stretched) that's killing me. So I can't work on that until I get some advice. But, mostly, I am enjoying being surrounded by other geeks - although I was highly offended when someone on the shuttle bus from the airport pointed me out as a geek. Hmm.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger