sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Tuesday, June 03, 2003
 

Sweatergirl stalled

So, another big weekend task was helping some friends get their house ready to sell. One of the great disappointments of living/working in a university community is that your friends eventually move on. Which is great for them, of course! Oh well. The big project was resurfacing the flat roof/balcony. S has become quite the roofer - we did ours last year (I overcame my fear of heights), and then he helped a work buddy with his, and now this one. I was mostly along to carry tools and supplies and to prettify the garden. We weeded, planted a ton of annuals, and mulched - the garden looks great now. Now to find time to do my own...which is quite overgrown with grass and this mint stuff that is growing everywhere in the yard.

Listening to an interesting interview with the author of Ultimate Fitness. It seems to debunk some of the common wisdom on exercise - just when I was feeling so proud of myself for mowing the lawn and for walking to my Weight Watchers meeting. Apparently you really have to exert yourself (ok, I knew that, but it's easy to forget!). Guess I have to find that sportsbra and get running again.

I haven't knit a stitch since Thursday. Where are my priorities??? Actually, I am avoiding the Dale, since I have gotten to the point where I need to measure and start a new pattern. The Old Friend is just as it was last week - but looking at it, the front is 60% done! But I have serious start-itis. Weirdly enough, I want to start a fingering-weight wrap sweater from Debbie Bliss's Celtic Knits. Hold me back! I gotta finish something! And how fast could I possibly finish a fingering weight sweater?




<< Home

Powered by Blogger