sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, June 18, 2003
 

Sweatergirl's sock secret revealed

Whoa - yesterday's was a little nuts. Somebody get me back into the office before I go off the deep end. Chalk it up to too many long days in the car.

But I am taking a road-trip to Toledo sometime to go to Tony Packo's. Anyone been?

Back to work - Remember this picture?

Well, close-up, they really look like this:

And the culprit? A little black dog who had some seroius dominance issues as a puppy. He's much better now (now that he's 5 1/2 years old...). I think they look just like a museum piece now. If you have Folk Socks, check out the example museum socks that Nancy Bush used. Where should I hang them?

I am inventorying (??) my projects for the gallery, and, wow - there's a bunch. I have always liked Cindy's blog and gallery, and I hope to be as well-organized. Here's one that I picked up last night, as it should be a quick-knit. This is a Cottage Creations Babies and Bears sweater. I'd like to move it to the finished category soon!

Here's the first half (mostly):

And here's the start of the second half:

Yes, that is bulletproof acrylic.

The Cottage Creations patterns are generally pretty ingenious, so if you haven't tried one, get thee to a yarn store and pick one up! I've made the Wallaby and the Scandanavian Cardigan (which explains steeking pretty well). And Sarah made the Rambling Rows blanket. There's a really cool Rambling Rows displayed in Matt's blog. All very cute.

Just a warning - I might not get to post much next week, since I'll be at a conference (in Boulder, CO - woo hoo!). But I will definitely have something to show when I return. Lots of airplane time.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger