sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, July 21, 2003
 

The First Annual-ish East Lansing PicKnit

Yay! I have 4-ish responses, so there will be at least 5 of us at the PicKnit. And probably some from the Mid-Michigan Knitting Guild. Family, friends, well-behaved and leashed animals, knitting projects (finished and in-progress), and spinning wheels welcome. August 3 at Patriarche Park near the playground. Noon - ? Patriarche Park is at the corner of Alton and Saginaw (Business 69) in East Lansing, MI. Please bring a dish to pass - yum. I can bring hamburgers and hot dogs and buns and plates/silverware/napkins. I just need a rough count of how many are coming so I don't drastically under- or over-buy (plus I need to let the park know). Should be fun!

I had an okay birthday and weekend - my parents-in-law came out and we worked our tails off building a deck and landscaping to make our house a little more presentable. We've been there four years, each with a semi-major project, and Steve's parents have been really helpful in getting them done. But the truckload full of mulch - now that's the secret to making the house look good. We'll see if the dogs dig it all up while we are gone...

And I even got some knitting done while watching the paint dry. I finished the left front of the Snail's Pace Sweater and started the right front. I also finished a sweater for Baby Sarah Jane. Ends woven in and blocked and everything. Whew. Pictures tomorrow. My mother-in-law also knits, and she was working on the second sock of a pair of socks. She fell in love with the Cottage Creations Babies and Bears sweater, so we were off to the yarn store to buy a pattern. I also picked up Rowan 28, which I had had my eye on for a while. I think there's some overlap with Debbie Bliss's Celtic Knits. But Martha will be mine. That's next up after I finish the Snail's Pace Sweater.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger