sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, July 07, 2003
 

Sweatergirl emerges

I have been buried under yarn for the weekend. May sound pleasant to some, but 'twas suffocating to me. I had to clean the guest room/yarn room (what ever happened to a room of one's own?). I am embarrassed by my packrattiness. I think it may be time to admit that I have a problem and acknowledge a higher power. My addiction is buying yarn on sale. And does anyone leave a yarn store without buying something? I have to learn how to do that, since I have a lot of slightly scary "I have to buy SOMETHING" stuff. My name is Tracy and I'm a yarnaholic.

But I am at least organizing it and photodocumenting everything. I had to buy a bigger memory card for the camera (yet another yarn-related purchase). I am going to take some "bad karma" yarn to the knit-in and rid myself of it. Not bad yarn - just bad projects. I've only lost 20 lbs on WW, but one sweater is, like, twice my diameter around with armholes to my waist (poor self-image, or just poor planning?). Showing tomorrow night at Sheila's: When Good Yarn Goes Bad and The Incredible Shrinking Girl.

Tonight I will be photographing finished stuff for the gallery to make me feel better about myself! Finished stuff gets stored with clothes, so no longer counts as "yarn". Lots of my finished stuff has been given away though...

Speaking of which, some progress was made on Aidan's Aran, and I am one sleeve and 2 buttons short of another baby sweater. Which means another 200 grams of yarn out of my house. Woo hoo!

Hopefully I will finish creating my yarn inventory page today. Whew!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger