sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, July 30, 2003
 

Sweatergirl's M-86 Kicks

If you ever happen to be on M-86 passing through Three Rivers, Michigan, do yourself a favor and stop in at R. Stanley's. It's a diner, but with a Jazz/Blues theme, and scrumptious food with a Chicago and/or Cajun bent. Really. Good. Food. And nice people.

So, I have been driving around the state a bunch, with not a lot of knitting time. I have, however, been working on the Baby Shower Afghan blocks (and there is at least one dedicated knitter out of the bunch! Yay!) and on the front of the Snail's Pace Sweater. I have gotten to the V-neck shaping - so am decreasing every row. Makes the knitting a bit quicker.

I've also been spinning a bunch. So - for my own records - 3.5 oz/216 yds of Echo Lake Ragg finished July 27. About the right yards for worsted weight - but seems a bit thin. I will have to take it to the master, TrixieChick.

I'm trying to decide on PicKnit knitting and on vacation knitting. So many projects - so few at a thoughtless stage.

Today is my last WW meeting with my WW buddy before she moves away. She's become a very good friend, and I will miss her a bunch, but the move is definitely a happy thing for her. Just one of those not-so-good things about living in a college town - far-flung career advancement opps. Another not-so-good thing - the students will be back in mere weeks!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger