sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, August 22, 2003
 

Sweatergirl and the amazing tomato patch

Way back in April (I know, cuz I blogged it!), we dug out a relatively large veggie garden, and we are starting to see the fruits of our labor. I was a bit cynical, thinking everything would come while we were on vacation, drop to the ground, and rot. Or that, in the one week the pups were away, the garden would be overrun by bunnies and the like and be chewed to the ground. But I guess the garden gods must be smiling! I have been slogging into the patch of 7-foot-tall tomato plants, stealing their fruit, and am eating tomato salad every day. Next year, we'll add herbs, zucchini, peas, beans, and cucumbers to the garden, since I am sure that growing 24 tomato plants is excessive. To all the real gardeners out there - are you supposed to pinch off the tops of the plants so they don't get so tall? This is a subject of marital debate...I guess it is better than arguing about many other things!

Tomato Salad 1

Tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Splash of balsamic vinegar
Dash of sugar
Dried garlic and basil

Tomato Salad 2

Tomatoes
Salt and pepper
Dried garlic, cumin, and cilantro

This not only keeps me from having to worry about canning, but also keeps my WW points for the day low - 0 points in tomatoes, spices, vinegar. And, for you Weight Watchers, how about this new system? Do they just like to shake things up?

The 1st Old Friend Aran sleeve is finished, and the second is started. Long way to go. Today, I realized that I am really mad at this project for not being finished. How illogical is that? To be angry at an inanimate object just for existing. As an obstacle. I just feel like I keep going and am never going to get to wear this thing. Perhaps that is why I have so many not-quite-finished projects. Hopefully, I will forgive this project and love it when it is done! Maybe I just need to keep looking at Kathy's version for inspiration...It's her photo that made me drag this thing out of UFO-land...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger