sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Saturday, August 09, 2003
 

Sweatergirl and the shower of the century

Reporting live from the apres-shower...fifty people are swarming at our second major eating event of the day. And our second cake of the day. And I'm just trying to keep my mom from blowing a gasket, as we share our 12th hour of constant smiling. But - my little sister's bridal shower, and the after-shower, and the Italian food-fest of last night all appear to have been a major success. Whew!

And we only had to play two silly shower games. Whew!

My shower ideas of having everyone bring a recipe and a photo seem to have been well-received. People are still working on scrapbook pages of photos and memories. And they liked going through their photo collections and reminiscing. My sister now has all the family recipes (including mine for Breakfast in Bed - ask the husband-to-be to go get bagels, and the tip-top secret grilled cheese recipe shared by a high-school age cousin). Whew!

We gave out the lavender sachets as a second favor - we handed them out as everyone was leaving (leaving Lavender Hall) and thanked them for coming. So that was kind of nice. Whew!

So all is well in shower-land. But if you tuned in for knitting news, well, not much to report. I worked on the Snail's Pace sleeves in the car - ugh! I feel like I will never get to the end - I am only halfway to the end of the increases. Sensing my frustration, my husband, the driver, suggested I, um, find something else to do. I turned the 'eel on the seaside sock (ouch! sorry - couldn't resist). Of course, the stripes are all screwy (of course, I am overly concerned). But I am nearly done decreasing for the gusset, and things actually look pretty decent.

I decided to bring lots of knitting on vacation (I brought the knitting bag as big as Sarah's) - but nothing new. Good for me! Granted, I did just start the seaside socks. I was able to resist the temptation to start Aberlemno or Martha. So I have the sleeves of the Old Friend Aran and the Dale sleeves and the seaside sock and the Snail's Pace sleeves. Progress will be slow...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger