sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Tuesday, August 19, 2003
 

Sweatergirl returns to her regularly scheduled life

Hope no one was holding their breath! I thought I would blog on vacation, but I was too darn relaxed. Easy to forget what day it was...

Much knitting was accomplished in the car and in the evenings. Days were mostly spent reading on the dock. Great vacation. Except I desperately missed the puppies.

Project update:

Old Friend Aran - front finished. bound off shoulders together. First sleeve is done thorugh all the increases - 3 inches left to knit. After doing the St. Brigid sleeves, where I had to read the chart nearly every row, these sleeves seem to be flying. Starting to look forward to my next aran - probably the body of St. Brigid.

Dale sweater - one sleeve completed! I hadn't worked on this since 5/22, as I had gotten to the part where I needed to think. It's all thought out. Would have started the second, but didn't even think to bring the needles for the hem.

Seaside sock - heel and gusset - done! Not far to the toe now.

Snail's Pace Sweater - the sleeve increases are only halfway done, but the sleeve length is halfway done (glass half-full version). And that's for both sleeves - yay for me!

All this sleeve stuff is a happy thing - thanks to Jessica for the challenge! Now I hear she's got some sleeves to not only knit, but design, as she's turning her Smooch tank into a sleeved sweater. Go, Jessica!

Because of my gallavanting around the country, I missed the Michigan Fiber Festival. It seems to happen eery other year or so - at least I had been to Maryland Sheep and Wool this year. But from other bloggers, looks like it was a fun fair!

Came home to a lot of fiber-related mail - so, for those nearby, here's an update on some September fiber events:

Fall Fleece Fair in Chelsea - September 21.

Northern Michigan Lamb and Wool in West Branch - September 26-28.

Mt. Bruce Stateion SHeep and Wool Festival in Romeo - September 27-28.

And MMKG meetings start up again. Guess I had better get some sort of program together!

It's good to be home...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger