sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, August 04, 2003
 

Thanks for the memories!

Hi to all the PicKnitters - Sarah and Lynn have posted pictures, if you are curious. I was too busy flipping burgers and pushing margaritas and such to remember the camera. The weather actually turned out to be wonderful, despite the ominous morning clouds. Whew! I had a great time, and it seems others did too. We'll have to do another summer picnic next year (the second annual-ish? much more fun than MY family reunions at least!). Lots of MMKG members and other knitters eating, drinking, knitting, laughing. Daphne got bored of her project and spun on my Greensleeves Mjolinor spindle for a while. Uh oh. I see a spindle purchase in her future. It was nice to see some of the current/former MMKG members who can't regularly make the Tuesday meetings (Debbi...)

The big surprise was that the two men of mystery from ThreadBear showed up! All the way from Indiana. Rob and Matt are wonderful! I didn't really get to know them when they lived in Lansing, as I was off trying to be a Theatre student that year and missed a lot of the knit-ins. But I was so glad to get to spend some time with them yesterday. The boys brought their two extremely pettable pups (I am a sucker for puppy dog eyes), and some beautiful projects, and grab bags for all the attendees. Very very generous of them. I ended up with these two happy Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport skeins (superwash wool) in the Seaside colorway. I just think this stuff is gorgeous - I brought it to work today to sit on my computer. I can gurgle and make happy faces at it - maybe I need a yarn-mobile to hang over my cubicle. Or maybe a yarn-mobile (Yarn on Wheels?) to visit me once in a while?

Marcia is truly delightful - she came all the way from Grand Rapids in her brand-spanking-new wheels. Very slick. She was working with some wild, wacky, and wonderful Noro, and she brought a delish cherry pie. Oh, pie will be my WW downfall. Love it. Side note: did you know Michigan is number one in tart cherry and number 4 in sweet cherry production in the US? No? Well, now you do. But I'm not going to try to make you drink cherry juice - ewww. Anyway - Marcia managed to pick the softest grab bag full of Cascade Indulgence and Nancy Lindbergh's Fulled Gloves pattern. I have that pattern, so now I just gotta order some Cascade Indulgence from ThreadBear - it's a great price for a great yarn.

And I actually got some knitting done! Whoa. Aidan's Aran - back is completed except for a few rows of seed stitch.

The front of the Snail's Pace Sweater is done! And I started the sleeves - both at the same time, which is a veritable mess. Why, why, why did I think this was a good idea? But they are moving right along.

Saturday, I made a bijillion sachets as bridal shower favors and stuffed them with lavender. Hope they are liked - Steve has informed me that he seriously dislikes lavender. Maybe it's just an overdose...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger