sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, September 10, 2003
 

Dinner time!

Thanks for the color comments. On the one hand, I like the rainbow-ish progression. On the other hand, I like the jumble (combo 2), because it keeps the colors distinct. But it may need to have the yellow removed, but then the orange stands out. But then - Sarah said there's no reason that the row has to be all the same color! So, that might be cool if I do something "checker"-y. I may - ack - swatch! Or else just plan to rip. It IS a learning project.

I can be a pretty good cook when I put my mind to it (not often!). And all day, I have been daydreaming of chicken paprikash. I think that's thanks to TrixieChick, who is bringing a Transylvanian spinning wheel over to my house on Sunday (not that I need more wheels). Transylvania ->Hungary -> Paprikash. Get it? Ok, maybe I am food-obsessed. Because you probably jumped to vampires or something. Which could really ruin an appetite. Well, garlic...mmmm.

So - my mission - find the BEST chicken paprikash recipe and prepare said meal before the husband either self-destructs or decides that pizza is a better idea. Now, my mom's recipe is "umm, cook the chicken, then make the gravy", which works fine for her, but is not enough detail for me! Although she did warn me that boneless, skinless chicken breasts are not gonna do it here. Dad's dumpling (noodle-type) recipe is spot-on - except I have to "add water until it's the right consistency", but I think I have seen the dough often enough to figure that part out. So - off to find that Cooks Illustrated article and tear through How To Cook Everything . Wish me luck. Although pizza sounds good too....




<< Home

Powered by Blogger