sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Tuesday, September 30, 2003
 

Sweater weather sets in!

Yay! This is the highlight of the year for me - when it's just chilly enough to pull out my favorite sweaters and silly hats! Michigan gets everyone's favorite weather at some point in the year, just not necessarily in any predictable pattern. An officemate tells me these temperatures are normal for the beginning of November. So he's going to close up his cottage. Meanwhile, I am happily wearing the Old Friend Aran! Yippeeeeee!

I have finally gotten the hang of entrelac knitting (at least in the round), and have been carrying my entrelac bag as a take-along project. One more row of rectangles/diamonds to go. Then we learn the top triangles and add the border and straps.

It's been slightly distracting me from Aberlemno - but here's today's progress shot on that beauty.

David asked about the ribbing - it's K3, P2. In the K3 part, the colors are checkerboarded. A unique(?)/new-to-me take on corrugated ribbing.

Saturday, Sunday, and last night were all devoted to another personally-nascent hobby: quilting. Here's my first "yeah, I'm actually going to finish this!" quilt.

It's a Log Cabin quilt (a pretty typical and easy beginner's quilt), done from the Quilt-In-A-Day book series, and taught, in a 12-hour day, at a local quilt shop. Now, as I was ironing all that fabric, I was cursing the day I signed up for the class - but lookie! It's gonna be a quilt!

Anyhow - if you have read this far, you deserve a vacation! Don't we all...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger