sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, September 19, 2003
 

Sweatergirl leans to the right

I'll have to wait until next week's entrelac lesson (left-leaning diamonds) to be truly fair and balanced, so today, I'm just leaning to the right with these diamonds:

Class and knitting both progressing well, leaving me plenty of time to knit on the Snail's Pace Sweater. I finished the sleeve caps Wednesday night and cast on for the ties (5 stitches of garter stitch for 27 inches, repeat for a second tie). Good thing I actually want to wear the product, because the process is a bit, well, tedious. After the ties, there's a shawl collar to knit, and then a bunch of seams to sew! Tentative first wearing - October 10. Wish me luck!

So by now, y'all have seen the new knitty, right? Happy first anniversary to knitty and amy, and congrats to all the contributors on great projects and articles!

Ahoy! Late-breaking news (or am I just clueless?) - this is a book I NEEEEED to have, even though I hate actually doing intarsia. Oh. My. Gawd.

And I am ecxtatic that Terri hasn't given up on Survivor! I missed half of last night's episode (for knitting class - a good reason), but it looks to be a good one. Except - what was with the naked men in the race? Seems a bit, well, dangly. Anyway, I love Terri's day-after churls.

And this weekend, take a minute to wave bye-bye to Galileo. There are some great pictures on the site of Galileo's life and times in the solar system.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger