sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, September 24, 2003
 

Sweatergirl's new fascination

I got very little knitting done last night because I was picking out fabrics for my "Quilt in a Day" class on Saturday - 12 straight hours! Hopefully I will have most of a quilt when I get home! Ummm - why does this seem crazy to me?

Here are the fabrics:

It's to be a Log Cabin quilt with yellow as the center, one blue side of the block and one red side of the block. The far left fabric is the backing and the bottom fabric is the border. Rachel (local knitting bud) is taking the calss with me and also chose a red-blue colorway for here Boton Commons quilt - but totally different fabic/mood.

Here's the ribbing from Aberlemno. Kind of a neat idea - instead of corrugated ribbing, the knit stitches alternate colors.

So - I chose to hold the dark color in my left hand, because it's easier for me to purl continental (in this case only) than to purl english-style. So I continued that into the body, with the dark in the left hand, floating under, and the light in the right hand, floating over. Hmmm - seems I might have chosen poorly from the comments, so will need to take this to Sarah for a consultation! I guess the saving grace might be that there are approximately equal numbers of stitches of each color, so the background vs. pattern thing might not be so critical.

Anyway, later today, I get to go pick up my copy of Kaffe Fassett's Pattern Library from the local B&N. Really looking forward to that!

BTW, CarolineF - it IS I!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger