sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Tuesday, September 02, 2003
 

Sweatergirl's new old friend

It's FINISHED! I spent Labor Day seaming the thing, and I actually wore it for last night's grocery run (rainy and 60s here). I love it! (Click for a bigger picture.)

Lots of mattress stitch for the seaming. It's got a nice rhythm! Notice that the sweater hits at the widest point on my hips. Oh well. And I might need to reseam the sleeves, as I think they might be a bit blousy. What I can't decide is if this is because I am seaming the sleeves to reverse stockinette stitch or because I measured the sleeve width/armhole depth slightly incorrectly.

One great thing about this pattern is that it lists how wide each cable should be. Unlike Alice Starmore's pattern for St. Brigid. I started the body on Saturday, but had to rip out when I realized it was going to be 10 extra inches around than I had planned, despite my getting gauge in the "filler stitch". Grrr.

So I switched gears and worked on the Sunshine Sweater (to go with the Sunshine Hat). I had to sew five buttons on - now it's ready to go to Baby Abby, and just in time for Fall!

I got to visit with Melinda and Sarah on Sunday morning. It was so nice to see Melinda again - she was in MMKG when I first joined, but moved to Cleveland a few years ago and was back for a visit. Sarah was working on her ChicKami Deux (which is now finished - wow!), and Melinda and I worked on socks. Socks tend to be a take-along project for me. When everything else is too complex. I always seem to finsh socks by working on them at odd moments - one day, eventually, a new pair of socks is finshed, and it always surprises me!

P.S. - Sarah and I agreed not to buy yarn until "the end of the MSU School Year". Classes end 4/30/2004. That's a looong way away. Wish us luck!

P.P.S. - although we each had an exception or two - mine are an order already placed to ThreadBear and if my MIL's yarn store has a $1/ball sale again this Christmas...(such a deal - I got a bunch of Classic Elite Bazic and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran at $1/ball!). I will have to figure out some restrictions on this though!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger