sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, September 08, 2003
 

Sweatergirl's sandy adventure

Thank you so much for all your kind comments on the Old Friend and the Sunshine Sweater. It takes me quite a while to finish a project, so I am really glad when they actually work out the way I want them to!

The hubster and I celebrated Anniversary Version 5.0 this weekend. Wow. Can't tell if it seems like a loooong time or just yesterday...We got married on the anniversary of our first date, so lots of memories!

So, if you live in Michigan, there are a few things that you HAVE to do. I'm not sure what all of them are, but one of them is "Visit Sleeping Bear Dunes (National Lakeshore)". I can finally check that off. Umm, not a lot of knitting this weekend. Blowing and drifting sand and all that. And the aforementioned anniversary.

Both the husband and I are "Earth Scientists", so we tried to take lots of pictures that might be useful for illustrative purposes in classes or reports. But, you can read the dirty details here. Also, I am fascinated by the U.S. Coast Guard, so we had to go to the museum in the old lighthouse keeper's house that details the history and techniques of the U.S. Life Saving Service (a predecessor of the Coast Guard). I keep forgetting how much shipping still goes on on the Great Lakes. And how treacherous they can be.

So as to not be totally boring - here's a pic from the beach next to our hotel. And a lakeside picture, taken from 450 ft above the lake (check out those colors if you've been following the seaside sock!).




<< Home

Powered by Blogger