sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, October 24, 2003
 

Lost and found

Found: a bunch of pointy sticks and some multicolored material in staircase B of NS building between 1st and 2nd floors.

Found: a weird ball of string with a label that says "Opal". Found on 4th floor NS building.

Ummm - I got some weird looks as I traced the string from one end to the other. Seems that my ball of yarn fell out of my bag near my 4th floor office, and the sock fell out somewhere down the stairs while I was on my way out to proctor an exam. When I finally realized I'd lost my sock, I panicked for a second. Then followed my mom's advice (from when I was little - I didn't call and ask her what to do!) and retraced my steps up the steps until I found the knitting in progress. The yarn was still attached, so I followed it up and around the staircase until I found the yarn. Gosh. How embarrassing. At least I wasn't late to the exam. Who would understand the explanation but another knitter?

I'm really excited to be off to SOAR on Sunday. The weather is looking a bit more favorable for driving. My new bobbins should have arrived today (if UPS tracking is correct), and I have a couple other goodies in the box, since I won't be able to stay for the SOAR market. I'm anxious to finish my entrelac bag (Sarah has some pictures up from class - good! 'Cause I didn't remember to take any!) to carry "wheel accessories" around in...

Chris - I'd love to do a knit-along on a KZ or KN pattern - yippee!! Which ones are you thinking of?

Congrats to Rob and Matt on the grand opening celebration at ThreadBear! Hope y'all have a great time!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger