sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, October 16, 2003
 

Sweatergirl and the second sleeve

Thanks, all, for your kind wishes! I am sure I can break the pledge, but I am conflicted - I need to clean out/consolidate the yarn room so tht it can be the baby's room, so buying more yarn is slightly counter-productive. But I am sure I will be inspired at some point! Even just looking at Alison's bug sweaters is getting me thinking...And, Sarah, I thought about stopping by Tuesday Morning for that sale on white Wool-Ease for a blankie - but I don't think it actually washes all that well. I seem to remember it pilling badly. Thoughts/experiences? Recommendations for yarn for a blankie whhich will be washed seven billion times?

But for now, here's my Dale sleeve. That's sleeve number two, cruising right along (sleeve number one shown for scale).

The knitting might be done this weekend. I am slightly (illogically) terrified of the steeking. I mean, I have done it before! But not a Dale steek. And I can't even take EZ's advice of pouring a glass of wine (whine?) for the event. But I am looking forward to getting back to my entrelac bag and Aberlemno (my true love). One repeat down!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger