sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, October 15, 2003
 

Sweatergirl jumps into the gene pool

Well, things are getting less stressful here - my report at work is almost done, my sister is married (and I won't have to wear heels again until ?Christmas?), and I can share some news - we're having a baby! Although, looking at the ultrasound yesterday, S and I turned to each other and said, "Congratulations! You're having an alien." We had agreed to call our parents after the ultrasound (which, conveniently, was after the wedding), so now the cat's out of the bag. And I'm going shopping for elastic-waist pants. Three months down, six to go.

Knitting-wise, this (and the completion of the Snail's Pace Sweater given a deadline) has inspired me to get to work on some projects that I might not be able to wear for long. I've been knitting on the Dale sweater sleeve and that's coming along fine. I'm thinking I will give myself a Thanksgiving (US) deadline for that. Not that I plan on changing out of my PJs that day. But it would be a fine day to embroider the trim.

I have been strangely uninspired to knit for the Bump. Maybe it is superstition, and maybe it's a LACK OF YARN....ok, a lack of suitable yarn. Ok, who am I kidding - I am just looking for an excuse to get out of the pledge for a day.

By the way, Blog City - come back! I miss Chris and Sandy! Wah!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger