sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, October 23, 2003
 

Sweatergirl the slacker

I had planned to finish the knitting on my entrelac bag last night, but:

  • I forgot to print out the directions, and
  • it was a great mail day!

    I got catalogs from KnitPicks and YarnBarn (KS) AND the new Interweave Knits!

    I've been really happy with IK since Melanie Falick took over, and Pam Allen, as the new editor, seems to be doing a great job so far. I only got to look at the pictures, not read the articles - yet. Looks like a good article on gloves - and an article just on thumb gussets.

    Design-wise - I am going to name myself the charter member of the Michigan chapter of the Kathy Zimmerman Fan Club. I've just finished the "Welcome Back, Old Friend" aran from IK Fall 2000, and now want to start her "Bed & Breakfast Pullover" from IK Winter 2003. Also am loving the Kristin Nicholas kid-sweater ("Stop-Traffic Circles") and Veronik Avery's "Marcel Sweater". Deborah Newton's got a nicely shaped sweater ("Studio Silhouette"), although not for me - don't need anymore bulk in the chest area. PGR's back with more intarsia-in-the-round. Yippee! More stuff to practice for the January guild workshop...

    Anyhow - Kristin Nicholas has a web page where you can see some of her other designs (she used to be lead designer (?) at Classic Elite) and some of her artwork. Wow. I forgot about that Vogue Fall 2002 sweater - I know I dog-eared that page! And I have yarn put away to make the Aran Family cardigan. (Both designs featured on this page). So maybe I need to join a Kristin Nicholas fan club too.




  • << Home

    Powered by Blogger