sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, October 02, 2003
 

Sweatergirl to the rescue

Barb had left a comment asking for some help with an entrelac project - it turns out, she was able to get to a yarn store before I got back to her, and is now entrelacking along. Yay for yarn stores!

But it turns out that she and I were confused by the same part of entrelac knitting - picking up stitches from the purl side. Luckily, I had a great teacher to show me how. And now that I've done it a bunch of times, it seems natural. But I took some pictures that I hope can help other first-timers. Click here - warning: lots of pictures! I admit these are NOT great - but it's something. I tried about 50 times to get something workable, with my husband thinking I was really off the deep-end THIS time. If you know of a good web resource for this, let me know! Otherwise, I will cast on in some high-contrast yarn for a better demo.

A good entrelac tutorial

Mare's entrelac Suki - wow!

Kathryn Alexander, Entrelac Artiste - I first wanted to do entrelac after seeing her Spin-Off Socks (now, I don't know if I would ever go through with it, but maybe here Christmas Stocking in Knitting in America...)

Fun link of the day: the Ig Nobel Prize, awarded tonight

By the way - TrixieChick is headed off to Taos - have fun, Debbi!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger