sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, October 20, 2003
 

Sweatergirl's steek advoidance techniques

The following methods were employed in this experiment:

  • Enjoy happy hour with the work crew before Friday's midnight madness.
  • Attend a performance of "The Importance of Being Earnest".
  • Go to a quilt shop on Saturday morning, when checks are apparently the only way to pay.
  • Buy next month's book-club-book (A Fine Balance) and read it obsessively.
  • Sort and dispose of catalogs.
  • Disassemble and deliver a full-size bed to a friend.
  • Ride around in a convertible MGB (wrapped in a quilt and wearing knitted goods) as part of the British Motoring Club's fall color tour.
  • Shop at Target. On Sunday. When everyone else realizes the weekend is nearly over...
  • Read Volume 2 of a software manual.
  • Buy a ball of yarn! Ack. I'm swatching Bernat Softee Baby (100% acrylic, but not as harsh as Red Heart).
  • Swatch for and start a new project! Into the Mystic in handspun yarn (charcoal and variegated purple)

    Actual steeking was successfully avoided. I crocheted the edges of the steeks-to-be on Sunday night, starting aorund 8 PM. BUT - I realized that I need to un-three-needle-bind-off the shoulders and looking back at Lisa's steeks, I think I need to crochet not at the edges but toward the center. And I need to steam the sleeves and body first, right? So it's just as well that I didn't cut!

    I also heard that my yarn for the Cottage Garden sweater is in at ThreadBear. Yay! But - ack! Where will I put it without a bed to stash it under? This sweater will also be a challenge because there are three colors in every row. Slow-going, methinks!

    Will Sweatergirl unhitch the shoulders? Will the crocheted steeks hold on slippery Tiur? Will there be any nasty consequences to the steaming? Will S give up some space in the office for yarn storage? Will you ever see a photo of the Snail's Pace Sweater? And how many years until Sweatergirl wears the Cottage Garden Sweater? Tune in for the next installment of "Sweatergirl - Adventures in Knitting"...




  • << Home

    Powered by Blogger