sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, November 10, 2003
 

Alien invasion

Ok - this alien is officially taking over my body. I have given in and am wearing the ugly elastic-waist maternity jeans. (note - people keep saying maternity clothes are much better now than they had been in years past - yow. because they still look funny to me.) My hormones are entirely out of whack, and I'm one who had been lucky enough to never suffer from PMS or the like. On Sunday, I woke up, went to get bagels (missed church - again), and then came back and crashed on the couch. I was supposed to go over and hang out with some spinning friends, but when I ended up in tears for no reason, having been awake only about 4 hours, S marched me off to bed for a nap. This is seriously bad, as I have 5 more months with this creature inside of me and I don't think it's supposed to get easier. All the books say I'm supposed to be less tired now, but I could seriously sleep 16 hours a day at least. And, I am also losing my mind. Misplacing things, forgetting things. Where the heck is my Winter 03/04 Interweave Knits? And - everyone else is losing their minds - S's mom called last night and told him to read some quack book about immunizations for babies and how bad they are. She's becoming even more of a nut. So maybe living 600 miles away is a good thing.

Anyway - I did actually get some knitting done. On Saturday, after buying the ugly elastic-waist jeans, I went over to the Charity Knit-In at Starbucks. I had started a little hat for the MMKG hat contest, but it wasn't until sitting at Starbucks that I started to notice some unsanitary little additions to the yarn (mouse turds? dead smooshed bugs?). Now, in the hat contest, we get a bag of donated yarn that we are supposed to "do something" with. So the hat is a bit shallow cuz I just wanted to finish it and not have to wonder about the brown spots, but should fit a baby. Which is good, because it is baby yellow and peach variegated - blech. I did wash the hat in hot water (acrylic) and there's no evidence of brown things, so I don't feel bad donating it, but I think I will dispose of the yarn and make another hat with some cleaner yarn...Life is too short. And I don't want to catch some weird mouse-borne disease, lest S's mom say, "I told you so."




<< Home

Powered by Blogger