sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Tuesday, November 11, 2003
 

Sweatergirl gets a talking-to and some therapy

So the Bump and I took a long bath last night (with me lamenting that I might not be able to take baths forever), and I'm much more resigned to another year or so of not having control over my body and 20 years or so of not having complete control over my emotions. We'll see after that. Thanks for the supportive comments!

I also did some grocery shopping - comforting to me, but perhaps a strange therapy choice to many (like Marcia!). I just feel better when I have enough food around. And the store was nearly empty (except the beer aisle) at 9 PM last night. So I pre-bought some Thanksgiving stuff - stuffing mix, a turkey breast - a turkey with its legs and wings removed but still with room for stuffing. (To S, it was reminiscent of those tasteless jokes about the guy with no arms and no legs in various situations - remember them?) Also, this was the week with the big sale on sugar, flour, and margarine. I may have to make some cookies. Yum - another good therapy option.

And I found my magazine that I had been looking for for more than a week. Whew. It just got lost in the big book/magazine migration from the guest room to the office.

And I started a new project - it might not stay, so for now, we'll just call it a swatch. No picture yet - and no name.

The new project is to replace Into the Mystic as a mindless knitting project - I hate knitting the Mystic, although I love the way it looks. It's a really simple mosaic pattern. But it's just so many rows to knit with the slipped stitches. Agh. I'm not ready to rip out yet...I'd like to think of a better use for the yarn first. I spun it specifically for this project - so it's disheartening to hate the knitting. But how could Barbara Walker have written a whole book on mosaic knitting? It is so not fun to me. And a hobby is supposed to be fun, right? Right? Anyone working on a very fun knitting project right now? Or have one to recommend?




<< Home

Powered by Blogger