sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, November 24, 2003
 

Sweatergirl nearly ready for winter!

And a good thing, too. As it is snowing! Yippee!!!

A good knitting weekend. On Saturday, I went to the MMKG workshop on two-color Fair Isle Knitting and Baltic Braiding. Teresa made some most excellent sweet roll things. I could barely stop eating to get some knitting done. It was a good workshop - although I had already used both techniques, you never know what you might learn. Plus, I brought the soup for lunch (new recipe for zucchini soup on the recipes page). And I had a lot of leftover yarn to use up/share. Here's the hat I made:

I'm really happy with how the colors turned out - and I think it might go well with my red coat (which I have no hat and mittens for...the red and orange sets both clash.)

I also ripped out and re-did the top of the black hat, and made a long skinny scarf to go with. Isn't that what all the gapkids are wearing these days?

Not much progress on Anjuli or Aberlemno, sad to say. These small, quick projects are addictive. You can't make just one.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger