sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, November 21, 2003
 

Warning - actual knitting ahead!

Sorry for the infrequent and poor updates...What have I been knitting, you ask? Well, I found a sad and lonely back to Aidan's aran...So I started the front on Sunday night - finished that Wednesday and started a sleeve. Which is nearly done. So I may actually send this while it still fits! I can't believe I had let this project lie for so long...(Grammar avengers, don't attack me for that sentence-like thing. Or this paragrah-like thing! Blech! I can't write today.) This is the aran from "Knitting for Baby" - Here's an older pic of the back:

And I picked up another long-abandoned project - Anjuli from Jo Sharp. I am doing the body in one piece to cut down on the number of ends (though there are still a lot!). I was at "about" the armholes on that, and had stopped because I didn't want to keep measuring. And because I think it is going to be far too large. But, guess what? I am going to be far too large too. So I split for the armholes and am working up the buttonhole-side of the front. So I may get to wear that this year too.

I am looking forward to my embroidery-fest for my Dale sweater this Thursday, Thanksgiving. S and I spend the whole day cooking, eating, and watching movies and/or football. Thanks for Thanksgiving! I can barely wait for the sweet potatoes and might have to make them this weekend too. Time to run home and make a yummy dinner to thank S for going to see the theatre dept's production of Macbeth tonight...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger