sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, December 01, 2003
 

Dale 1, Sweatergirl 0

So, I thought with the Detroit Lions winning on Thanksgiving, it would be a good weekend for the underdog. Oh well. On the Dale, I just had to:

  • sew in all the ends,
  • tack down the button band facing,
  • pick up and knit the collar (and sew down that facing),
  • sew in the sleeves,
  • and sew down the sleeve facings,
  • and sew the sleeve hems,
  • and embroider the flowers.

    Doesn't seem unreasonable for a 4-day weekend. But I also made Thanksgiving dinner (yum!), cleaned the guest room, bought a futon (and helped assemble it), shopped, saw Love Actually (finally! but the theater was still packed), visited with an out-of-town friend, and supervised my the introduction of friend's basset hound to my two big dogs.

    So, by Sunday, I had done, um, nothing except sew down one of the button band facings. I got the ends sewn in, the collar done, the other button band facing sewn, and one sleeve sewn in. Not so bad. For a day's work.

    Next project - although I don't knit Christmas presents - is to knit Christmas presents. Just two - stockings for the new couple. For her, a Sirdal in red and cream, and for him, a Fana in green and cream. Graphs charted, yarn bought...mission impossible. I'm casting on tonight and leaving the Dale for NEXT weekend.




  • << Home

    Powered by Blogger