sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, December 03, 2003
 

Stocking news

So, since Monday, I have knit nothing but these stockings:

I am pretty happy with them - the tops will be hemmed (instead of curling). I have gotten through all the patterning for a while and will just be knitting lice (eww) for a while. Until I get to the heel. Which will be plain and short-rowed. There will be more patterning just before the toe starts. I am undecided whether to knit names or year in. What if they don't like them?

Tech notes: these are not all that large - probably about 13" in circumference. 72 stitches around on size US6 needles. Hem done on US4 needles (knit 5 rounds, purl turning row, and then knit 5 rounds). Charts are all from the Dale Baby Knits book (Fana in green and Sirdal in red). Yarn is Smart (red and green), Cleckheaton (white with the green), and Creme Brulee (white with the red). And this time I remembered to keep the light color in my left hand.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger