sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, December 10, 2003
 

Stockinggirl?

So here's the "Red Stocking" after the weekend - ready to start the toe. The short row heel is convenient for continuing the design, but sort of lays (lies?) a bit funny. Oh well.

I got to spend Sunday afternoon with spinning buddies, and we had our annual gift exchange. We each find something - from our stash - can't be purchased for the exchange - to give away. We wrap it and pick a present. I found a few ounces in a bag labelled "cashmere". Sure enough, it was soft and short-stapled, so I think the label was correct. I have no idea where or when I bought this, and there were some remnants in the bag of my attempts to spin it. I thought that would be a fun thing for someone to play with. And it found the right person - our confirmed cotton spinner. All the gifts were really cool! I was lucky enough to get some handspun alpaca in a beautiful mocha brown. Luscious. And - wow! - that present must have known it was for me, since I am the slowest spinner in the group. Plus, it is spun so woolen and fluffy - a challenge for me. I am wowed. Not sure what project might be worthy yet...

On Saturday, my Engine Malfunction Indicator light came on. Sounds scary, right? And the manual said to take it to the dealer immediately for diagnosis. Well, thanks to the TDIclub, I found out that that can also mean that my brake light bulbs are burned out. Huh. Definitely not worth $75 to diagnose and fix at the dealer! Strange that they indicate that with such a dire message. S replaced the bulbs in about 5 minutes - all fixed!

Sorry for the infrequent posts - work and this kid are kicking my butt, and I haven't been doing much knitting!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger