sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, December 19, 2003
 

Sweatergirl and the indestructible plate

I don't know where this plate came from, but I have taken it to every potluck that I have been to in the last seven years. I keep thinking that I don't really mind if it gets lost or broken. In fact, sometimes I wish it would get lost or broken, since it is sort of a weird size, and not terribly attractive.

But I have new respect for it - in addition to coming back intact from every potluck (even the ones I left early), it has survived the ultimate. Yesterday morning, I left it on the counter with a few slices of chocolate cake left on it. When I got home from work, Bear trotted up to me with the cake server proudly in her mouth. Uh oh, I think, as I head into the kitchen to clean up the "pottery" shards. But - no shards. No plate. A full house search revealed that the plate had mysteriously travelled from the back of the kitchen counter and into the bathroom where I found it behind the toilet licked clean. Intact. No chips, even. Neither dog would confess. Now, behind the toilet might not be my choice of venues, but is apparently a secure place to defend if you are a pup with forbidden chocolate cake. By the way, both pups are fine, despite my terror about dogs not being allowed to eat chocolate. And wow - I highly recommend this brand if you need an indestructible potluck plate.

In knitting news, I am haunted by my nearly complete Dale sweater. I got this as a Christmas present 3 years ago - and it would be so cool to wear it this Christmas. So maybe I can buckle down and get that done this weekend, now that the stockings are done (I'll post a pic once I get some ribbon to hang them by the chimney with care...). I just FEAR the embroidery on the Dale, which is apparently "just" daisy stitch. And have to decide about clasps vs buttons with button loops.

And this is for TrixieChick: inspiration...she is hours away from completing St. Brigid! I am, um, years away from completing St. Brigid. AS has redone St. Brigid in her new yarn and has some gorgeous glamour shots...

Oh - and LynnH is in the paper this week - and they posted the article online too!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger