sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, December 05, 2003
 

Sweatergirl and the lousy TV night

So many lice...I've knitted the red stocking down to the start of the heel. Then I was so disappointed with TV selection that I camped out and read for a few hours. With Survivor - does anyone care anymore? At this point let Jon win because everyone else is so %&*#!@ stupid. I definitely don't care how this plays out. And then - what's up with that "Extreme Makeover" show? Eewww. Who wants to see whiny, insecure people try to change their lives with expensive and potentially dangerous surgery? Plus - who wants to see body fat anyways? Usually I am spared from flipping through the channels by S's strange devotion to CSI, but he was gloating testing out his handiwork - new brakes on his car. If he's not there, I turn on This Old House/Ask This Old House, but both local PBS stations are doing their Festivus Celebrations, where they take off all our favorite shows that make me support them and replace them with Riverdance or something equally weird. So do I need more channels on TV, or fewer?

Late edition

Don't you hate when people ask if you are sick? If you are, what's the answer? "Yes, I am, but I am so dedicated to the scientific exploration of the water cycle that I dragged myself in share my knowledge AND my germs." If you're not - well, again - what's to say? "No, I am just allergic to all the cockroach droppings in this office." Or, "No, I just need a haircut." Anyway. I am not sick. I just needed to sneeze. Once. All day.

Friday afternoon fun - Check out Miss Abigail's collection of advice. She's got some great gift ideas, and here's some advice for "Naming the Baby" (I've been getting a bunch of this lately!). And thank goodness we now know when to wear our wool hats!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger