sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, December 11, 2003
 

Sweatergirl haunted by past project

S brought up "his sweater" the other day. The one that was supposed to be a Christmas gift some years ago. Well, I had asked him several times if he really wanted it that small, since he wanted it ribbed and ribbing pulls in, you know. But he insisted that he wanted it pretty close-fitting. But a ribbed, close-fitting sweater is not flattering to his body-type, being slightly apple-y...but that's what he said he wanted. While I was making it, I made him try it on several times (after the shoulder joins, after the side seams, after the sleeves sewn on). I still thought it was too small. He didn't. But when I finished it, it was suddenly too small. So the thing has been sitting there, completely knitted, completely finished, totally unwearable. Ugh. Now he wants his grey sweater. So I told him I would reknit it if he would rip it out. But this time - not ribbed and a bit larger. He's thinking about it. Grr.

And in more recent project news - what's wrong with this picture?

Ack!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger