sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, December 17, 2003
 

TGIDecember

Because "2003" has been a load of trouble. Not really the year, just knitting the year into the stockings. First - I knitted it into the red stocking upside-down. Didn't realize until it was completely kitchenered. OK. So I ripped that out and reknit. So I get to the green stocking and think, "Oh yeah - now I know to start with the bottom of the numbers AND I can look at the red stocking as I go." Well, I managed to screw that up in a new and different way - this time knitting "3002". And that, my dears, is why I never knit Christmas presents. I'm just pitiful at knitting for others. These are not mistakes that no one would notice.

But - the fact that I was at the "3002" part of the stocking means I am almost done! Here's a pic:

I really like the Fana pattern. Here's some other fans of Fana: Chattering Magpie with a cute hooded Fana baby sweater, Emma's chick (scroll to October 9), and, of course, Esther's Ginger. I thought I would like the Sirdal pattern more (like the Red Stocking), but the lice are actually very boring and hard to see progress on. The stripes here are very nice for counting. Alas - I already have yarn to make a Sirdal sweater for myself. I do love the way it looks.

So - for hanging these stockings - I was thinking of using a bit of Dale of Norway (or similar) ribbon. If I can find some. Otherwise - I-cord it is. Or would a crochet chain stretch less?

So then what? Back to the Jo Sharp Anjuli big enough to fit my pregnant self? Or I could do the last sleeve of Aidan's Aran and pretend it was supposed to be a Christmas present. Or I could start something new....gloves for me and my red jacket...new felted clogs (for me)...(see a pattern?)...Or Steve and I could rip out that grey sweater...

Last night was our guild holiday potluck. Much fun! This week is full of parties - today is a lunch one (my office) and a dinner one (Steve's office), and tomorrow is our book club meeting/party. Not really a party, but we read light Christmassy books this month, and we have a cookie exchange. I think I might not bake cookies, but make Peppermint Bark ala Williams-Sonoma. Wish me luck on that. It doesn't SEEM hard to do.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger