sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, January 30, 2004
 

Short updates

Today I am running around finishing up projects and reports, so my thinking is all disjointed. Here's a quiz that I found at Dogs Steal Yarn the other night:

*Slosh*
You will sink in a mire. You like to think you're
normal, but deep down you really just want to
strip off your clothes and roll around in
chicken fat.

What horrible Edward Gorey Death will you die?
brought to you by Quizilla

I'd like to think the chicken fat is...yarn. But I can see why Gorey did not foresee THAT particular fate.

Had a Dr appt and a car appt in the same day. So glad that the Dr appt when better than the car appointment. Can I just scream how much I hate Williams Auto World? Not only did they not call me to tell me to pick up my car, they actually didn't even DO one of the requested services. And didn't call to ask if they could keep it another day or something. Argh. And that is why I won't get my beautiful Passat TDI wagon as long as I live in this town.

As for the Dr appt - everything with this kid is insanely average and/or normal. Which is good to know. We have a one-day childbirth class tomorrow all day, so between that and the malpractice case that I juror-ed(?), I should have lots to ask the Dr about at my next visit.

I finished the boring grey hat. It is actually lovely, though it makes my head look pointy. Perhaps that is not the hat's fault.

I am trying to decide whether to make a matching pair of mittens now - I have gloves and a hat, but am pretty sure there's not enough for a scarf. Or maybe I just pack it away for the next time I need boring but lovely grey yarn.

I also finished plying the turquoise soft-stuff, but had a lapse of thought - I forgot to tie the skein before removing from the niddy-noddy. What? This is defintiely a "losing it" kind of thing. I will end up with a tangled tangled mess. Ick. Maybe I can pull a Tom Sawyer and convince S that it's fun to untangle yarn?

I have big weekend-knitting plans - joining the Rip-Along (inspired by Alison & Co.) with S's grey ribbed/too-tight sweater, finishing one more repeat of St. Brigid before St. Brigid's day (Monday), heading to the Intarsia Support Group to work on an ancient project, and not-buying-yarn at the big Super Bowl sale on Sunday at Stitch in Time. Luckily, there is a Super Bowl to sit through, so I should be able to do both some ripping and some knitting.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger