sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, January 12, 2004
 

Sweatergirl calls for help with frogs

So - I gave in on the No-Yarn Pact to purchase a skein of cotton classic to finish Sam (abandoned project #429 - this from last summer). Here she is...

But she is not finished. I think I want to make frog closures for the front - but I have no idea how to make them. Does anyone have a reference on crocheting frog closures?

Marcia has a great post from Saturday (Jan. 10) - I am feeling a little scared of my yarn accumulation. And scared-er now that it is in the basement (out of sight = out of mind?). Hence the No-Yarn Pact with Sarah, which I have regularly and willfully violated since its initiation...Hmm.

In the spirit of self-examination, Sharon and Debbi have five knitty things about themselves up on their blogs.

The odyssey of St. Brigid continues - 8 more rows done! That's one full repeat of the big cables. Whew.

I also spent some time spinning - more turquiose silk and more turquoise merino. Nice stuff, but I am just bored of it. The end is near, however! All the silk is spun, and I like spinning the merino better than the silk. I am making a two-ply fingering weight - not sure what it will become yet, but it's nice yarn. Destined for Box 32 or so.

I had a relatively stressful weekend (for me - considering I didn't actually do any work), so I am actually glad that it's Monday. Strange, I know. I twisted my back on Saturday trying to move furniture - blech. And then I had to crochet - blech. I just never really learned to crochet well, so it's slow and painful for me. And one of our cars is just falling apart - not a crisis, since we anticipated it this year, but unfortunate, nonetheless. But the real stressor is: we are trying to find a new home for Indy, since we don't think he will do well with a baby in the house. I don't think he is going to pass the "temperment test" that the rescue org gives - they test how well he tolerates being touched by strangers, and they are going to do the paws. He hates to have his paws touched, since I cut too deeply one time while trimming his nails (I gave up and now just take him to the vet). He is also a nervous kind of dog in general, but we have worked out a reasonable relationship based on (a) meeting his simple requests and (b) not touching him unless he approaches us (This is the part a toddler would not understand). I am just about out of ideas on finding him a new home - I am trying to avoid taking him to a shelter since I think he would be nervous there and not show well. Anyway, I am heartbroken about losing him, and I feel really guilty/am not ready to accept that he might be put down just because I am having a baby. Ack. Stuff like this really slows the knitting...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger