sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, January 21, 2004
 

Sweatergirl makes it through another public speaking commitment

Whew! It's over. I had promised to give last night's guild program on intarsia a loooong time ago, but had avoided thinking much about it or doing much about it for nearly as long. Anyhow, I always think it is slightly intimidating to give a talk to this group because they do such wonderful work and so many are experienced knitters. But they are very nice and supportive, and I think it went ok. And I know I taught a few people how to do intarsia, so I feel even better.

Of course, my procrastinating self didn't start the handout until 5 PM (for the 7 PM meeting) and had to drive frantically through the streets of East Lansing to retrieve two intarsia projects as examples before going to Kinko's to run photocopies of the handouts. So I arrived at exactly 7 PM. Thanks to Jessica for finding the library cart and the nametags and bringing them out for the guild meeting!

So much good stuff happening with the group this winter/spring - a retreat to Grand Rapids, a set of workshops with Maggie's Rags (which we might break even on - whew!), and a bus trip to Philosopher's Wool. And an intarsia support group meeting - for starting or finishing or working on those messy but beautiful intarsia projects. What a great and giving group!

I have been sleeping a little better - thanks to some pillow rearranging (and the end of the jury duty, I think). And less than three months to go now! The Bump received a present from a dear college friend last night (Baby Abby's mom). I was so touched! She also wrote about how much she loved the little yellow sunshine sweater and hat, which was very sweet. Of course, Baby Abby is the cutest thing anyway.

S and I got to go to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit last weekend. While I was off looking at the new TDI wagons, S was looking at this:

Denial - not just a river in Egypt. But it is pretty slick for a Pontiac, no?

And since you have been so patient, here's a picture of St. Brigid as she stands - halfway up the back!

Not a great picture - it was tough to get any detail because of the dark color, despite using all my available flash settings. But Debbi wore hers last night (so amazingly beautiful), so I wanted to make sure she knew I was working on mine. And I think we'll be doing a Fern challenge next...Hopefully I will not lag SO far behind on that one. But I'm not starting Fern until I finsh St. Brigid...One aran at a time for me! However, I think Fern's cables are a bit less complex. Whew!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger