sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Friday, January 09, 2004
 

Sweatergirl's 5 knitty things

Whew - I've caught up on blog-reading! And have been working on some guild projects. Since I have no knitting pics AGAIN, I thought I owudl list 5 knitty things. Jen and Monica posted 5 things about their knit-life. Here are mine:

1. I hate knitting on a deadline. I don't think I could ever make any money at knitting, because imposing a deadline makes the project "work". Or maybe I just hate finishing projects?

2. I don't actually carry knitting EVERYWHERE. Just when I know I will have time to knit - dr. appts, airports, looong car rides. Maybe having it more often would increase the pace of at least the mindless knitting.

3. I love plain yarns and stash them when I find a sale. Boy, did my inventory bring this out! I am not into novelty yarns at all, though plain yarns in luxury fibers are definitely stash-worthy. Weights - generally DK and worsted., though I have quite a bit of Pomfret (a lovely discontinued sport-weight) as well. I despise knitting with cotton or acrylic. Just a personal thing, I guess. I don't like the feel.

4. In accordance with my yarn preferences, I guess, I like classic knits. Arans are my favorite (despite my St. Brigid reluctance), with 2-color knitting up there too. Plain stockinette in a classic yarn counts here too.

5. I have no color sense, and can't even imagine taking on something Kaffe-Fassett-like unless someone gave me a chart and the exact colors.

Who's next?

PS - MMKGers - class selection for workshops is now on the web! More info coming soon...really. Like at Sheila's house and in this month's newsletter.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger