sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Wednesday, January 28, 2004
 

Whoa!

I think we've got enough snow for a while. Ten inches or so yesterday? S took the snowblower to the driveway twice yesterday afternoon and again this morning. Anyway - no one was silly enough to try to come to the knit-in besides Sarah. Although our road was relatively clear, I hear not many others were. I was glad I didn't have to leave the house - I got to sit in front of the fire (we have a wood stove and a fireplace, so we rarely build a "real" fire) and roast a marshmallow. And watch 24 (when will they just kill Kim?). Bear and Indy were happy because they had separate but equal bones to devour - I think Bear got the meat sweats from hers - blech! S was happy because there was an abundance of tracy-prepared food - and I hadn't cooked in a long while thanks to my work schedule.

And, since it wasn't an official knit-in, I felt justified in not sewing in ends on Anjuli. I spun some more turquoise merino and started plying it with its matching silk. Nice stuff. Everytime I spin merino, I think, "Why would I ever spin anything else?"

Getting into work this AM was fine, but I got a bit grumpy as the employee parking lots near my building were not plowed at all, and I was watching (from my teeny tiny Golf) SUVs rocking and getting pushed around - so I had to just keep moving. I did find a legal and plowed spot on a campus street - whew! But it was a bit farther from my building, and the sidewalks weren't shoveled. Let me reiterate how glad I am that I am not a student at this university - no classes were cancelled (although I am sure professors were understanding) despite having to trudge through knee high snow to get anywhere on foot. Really - I am so glad that I am not an undergrad here.

Keep your fingers crossed for good weather for the MMKG workshops at the end of March! I just heard from Margaret and she's booked her flight. Classes are filling (only one spot left in the Saturday AM class, I think), and I'll be sending info out to other guilds and shops this weekend.




<< Home

Powered by Blogger