sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Monday, February 16, 2004
 

A great knitting weekend - except...

Good news: ALL of the ends of Anjuli are woven in!

Bad news: I lost ALL of the buttons! The perfect pewter oak leaf buttons. At least they are (hopefully) all together in the same safe place....

Strangely, I had been carrying around this little white paper bag in my little knitting tools pouch so that I would have the buttons handy for the moment I finished all the ends. But alas! When I actually looked, it was just a bunch of other buttons. I put out a call to St. Anthony. But I think he's just saying to head to JoAnn's and find something else lovely. It's soooo close!

To make up for my disappointment, I splurged on some great knitting books at Overstock.com - Knitted Embellishments, Knitting in the Old Way (much expanded from the earlier version), and the Green Mountain Spinnery book. They've got some good deals if you have been thinking about purchasing any of these books.

Saturday, I went to the Starbucks Knit-In and started a somewhat lacy afghan block for MMKG charity projects. I've lately realized that I don't "get" lace. I can't read it like other patterns. If I read a pattern, I can't predict what it will look like, and if I see a chart, I can't figure out how it works. So, I have been trying to work on some simple lace projects - hence the border on the little blue sweater (from Thursday's entry) and this block. It's one area of knitting that I feel very unconfident in. Then Sunday, I went to a spinning get together for a few hours and continued work on my yarn for the Echo Lake cardigan. Much fibery goodness!




<< Home

Powered by Blogger