sweatergirl - adventures in knitting
Thursday, February 12, 2004
 

Sweatergirl and the busy knitweek

I know - I never call, I never write. Thanks for checking in anyway. Work is just really busy, even though we call this our "off-season". So - what's news?

I DID take the yarn quiz, and, in case you were curious, I'm scratchy shetland wool. That works too.

I also came up with this solution to Sam, so now she is finished:

Here's a close-up of the closures. First, I picked up a stitch in the middle of the orange cable and made a bobble. Then I closed it off in the stitch above and tied the ends together (hope a square knot is the right knot for the situation!). Then, on the blue cable, I picked up a stitch and crocheted a chain, joining it back to the sweater in the stitch above. I think it's a pretty cute solution, given all the bobbles on the little sweater, but I don't know if it will hold on a squirmy baby. Oh well - it's still cute! Here's a closeup of the "buttons". I know it's a blurry pic - I will try for better another day perhaps.

I also finished this little sweater (only a week start to finish! Umm, pay no attention to those ends and just imagine the little pearl-bump buttons that I haven't bought yet):

The lace edging makes it a bit looong. Misproportioned. But we will wait to see if the kid is perfectly proportioned before ripping out. Unfortunately, given her parentage, she is more likely to be short, methinks.

I have also been diligently weaving in ends on Anjuli since Tuesday. See, on Tuesday, I realized that the ends were not evenly distributed - one side had more ends to weave in than the other, since most colors/rows started and ended on the same side. And - that I had started with the side with more ends. And - that I was nearly done with that side. Yee-hah! So now the ends are all woven in for the fronts, making it nearly wearable unless someone really wants to see what's up my sleeves. As a challenge to myself - I shall state here that I will wear it to next Tuesday's MMKG meeting....Will Sweatergirl make it? Will anyone actually look up her sleeves? Stay tuned...




<< Home

Powered by Blogger